2018 Acura TLX 2.4 vs. 2017 Lexus IS 200t
The IS is Lexus’ entry-level luxury sport sedan available in base and F SPORT trim levels. The IS was totally redesigned for 2014
and is available with a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder or 3.5-liter V-6 engine. 4-cylinder models come standard with rear-wheel
drive, while V-6 models are available with rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. Depending on engine and drivetrain choice, a 6-speed
or 8-speed automatic transmission is available.
Although the third-generation IS is well equipped for a sportier driving experience, the TLX offers a more complete blend of luxury
and performance as well as more standard and available features.
Acura TLX 2.4 advantages over Lexus IS 200t:
• More front and rear shoulder room and hiproom
• More rear legroom (34.5 inches vs. 32.2 inches)
• More passenger volume (93.3 cu. ft. vs. 90.2 cu. ft.)
• More cargo volume (13.2 cu. ft. vs. 10.8 cu. ft.)1
• Better EPA fuel economy ratings (23/33/27 vs. 22/32/26)2
• The TLX 2.4 comes with a host of standard and available features that you won’t find on the IS 200t:
––Standard Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®)
––Standard Agile Handling Assist®3
––Standard electric parking brake
––Available GPS-linked4 climate control when equipped with navigation
––Standard Active Sound Control
––Standard capless fuel fill system
––Standard Tire Fill Assist
––Standard Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit
––Standard Apple CarPlay™5 and Android™ Auto6
––Standard Aha™7 compatibility
––Standard On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™)
––Standard Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)8
––Standard Road Departure Mitigation system9
• You’ll have to pay extra on the IS 200t to get these standard TLX 2.4 features:
––Heated front seats
––Multi-view rear camera10 (vs. single-view)
Lexus IS 200t advantages over Acura TLX 2.4
• More horsepower and torque (241 horsepower/258 lb-ft vs. 206 horsepower/182 lb-ft)
• Available F SPORT model
• Smaller turning circle diameter – curb-to-curb (34.2 feet vs. 39.2 feet)
• Standard 8-way power front passenger seat (vs. 4-way power)
• Standard HD Radio® (vs. available)
• Standard front-passenger knee airbag as well as available rear-passenger side-impact airbags
• More front headroom (38.2 inches vs. 37.2 inches)
• More front legroom (44.8 inches vs. 42.6 inches)
1 Based on SAE J1100 cargo volume measurement standard.
2 Based on 2017/2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
3 The Agile Handling Assist system cannot enhance stability in all driving situations. You still need to drive and corner at speeds appropriate for the conditions and always leave a sufficient margin of safety.
4 Acura Navigation System and related features available only in the United States, Puerto Rico and parts of Canada. See your local Acura dealer for information regarding navigation system area coverage.
7 Compatible smartphone required. All Aha platform feeds are audible, not visual in nature. Vehicle does not provide any feeds. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Launch smartphone applications only when the vehicle is safely parked. Aha is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Inc. Your wireless carrier’s rates may apply.
8 LKAS only assists driver in maintaining proper lane position when lane markings are identified without a turn signal in use and can only apply mild steering torque to assist. LKAS may not detect all lane markings; accuracy will vary based on weather, speed and road condition. System operation affected by extreme interior heat. Driver remains responsible for safely operating vehicle and avoiding collisions.
9 Road Departure Mitigation may not detect all lane markings or lane departures; accuracy will vary based on weather, speed and road conditions. System operation affected by extreme interior heat. Driver remains responsible for safely operating vehicle and avoiding collisions.
10 Always visually confirm that it is safe to drive before backing up, as the rearview camera and Rear Cross Traffic Monitor (if present) may not provide complete information about conditions at the rear of your vehicle.
11 Compatible with select smartphones. Your wireless carrier’s rate plans apply.