Acura Integra History
With 40 years in the automotive industry, it’s no surprise that Acura is known – and rewarded – for its world-class engineering and high-performing vehicles. A significant model in the Acura lineup is the Acura Integra, and while it took a 15-year hiatus, we’re proud to welcome its return at our Springfield Township dealership.
While you’re perusing our virtual inventory and learning about the Acura Integra’s history, we’re answering top questions like “What years did Acura make the Integra?” and “Why did Acura discontinue the Integra?” When you’re ready to elevate your Union County commute and overall driving experience, visit our showroom to test drive the new Integra.
What Years Did Acura Make the Integra?
The Acura Integra first made its debut in the American markets in 1985 in Japan. Let’s explore each Integra generation below:
- First Generation Acura Integra (1985 to 1989) — Sold 228,000 units worldwide, which is an excellent start. The first generation Integra was the only one with 3-, 4-, and 5-door models.
- Second Generation Acura Integra (1989 to 1992) — Acura introduced the VTEC engine, and the slightly longer coupe body hit the market.
- Third Generation Acura Integra (1993 to 2000) — Many car enthusiasts consider the 1997 Acura Integra Type R as one of the best sports cars in its history, with this model seeing more sales than ever.
- Fourth Generation Acura Integra (2001 to 2006) — The RSX sold for five years before being discontinued the coupe body style since more buyers preferred SUVs and sedans.
- Fifth Generation Acura Integra (2022-Present) — The Acura Integra is back for the 2023 model year! Its exterior and five-door liftback looks chic, while the robust engine offers smooth handling on Bridgewater roads. Are you ready to get behind the driver’s seat for a test drive?
Why Did Acura Discontinue the Integra?
So what happened with the Acura Integra, and why was it discontinued? It was due to the market and not the Integra vehicle. The Integra was discontinued in 2001 when the coupe market was declining, and most Staten Island buyers were interested in SUVs and sedans. During the hiatus, the luxury automaker was able to evaluate the market and bring out an Integra model that’s sure to make heads turn and make drives between Jersey City and more enjoyable.
Test Drive a New Acura Integra at Springfield Acura Today!
Make the short drive to our Springfield Township and get behind the wheel of the new Acura Integra with Springfield Acura Contact us today! Our team is standing by to ensure you’re buying or leasing the Acura Integra that’s right for you.
More from Springfield Acura
With 40 years in the automotive industry, it’s no surprise that Acura is known – and rewarded – for its world-class engineering and high-performing vehicles. A significant model in the Acura lineup is the Acura Integra, and while it took a 15-year hiatus, we’re proud to welcome its return at our Springfield Township dealership. Acura…
Acura provides Union County and Bridgewater drivers with top luxury vehicle options for their daily commute, and as the year brings about new changes, Acura is doing the same to its offering of high-end sedans. So, is the Acura ILX discontinued? Unfortunately, yes. The brand has announced that they are not introducing a new 2023…
The Acura Integra is the perfect luxury sedan for a Union County lifestyle. It’s sleek, efficient, and provides plenty of room for you and your passengers. You just can’t go wrong with it! While we can’t cover all of the amazing features that come with the Integra, we will highlight the 2023 Acura Integra specs…